In April, people in Cherokee County will start using there yards more.
And, as they do, Canton Termite and Pest Control will start to get calls for Mosquito Control Service.
Most often, it’s people with swimming pools or other outdoor living areas. They want to be able to use those areas without having to cover their children or themselves with bug spray.
That’s where we can help you. By treating the yard area one time per month, we can greatly reduce the mosquito population. One customer said, “It’s wonderful, I don’t need to worry anymore. I just send the kids out to play.”
While our service is great, there are things you can do to help prevent mosquitos yourself.
- Make sure your door and window screen fit tightly.
- If necessary you can use spray containing DEET. However, products with a DEET concentration higher than 50 percent do not increase protection. Avoid applying to exposed skin. Try to keep it on clothing only. It is recommended to consult a physician before using on children.
- Studies show that Insect light traps (Bug Zappers) or sound devices do little to reduce mosquito bites.
- Wear shoes, socks, long pants and long sleeves when outside at night.
- Remove any water-filled containers like pots, buckets, planters, tires, etc.
- regularly empty and replace water in bird baths, pet dishes, small swimming pools and wading pools.
- Roof gutters should be kept clean of leaves and debris so water will not collect in them.
Mosquito control is not just one thing. It necessary to take a look at the entire area around your home for potential problems.
If you have a problem with mosquitoes or any other pest, give me a call at 770-479-1598. I’ll be happy to speak with you about it.
Here’s to helping YOU live PEST FREE!
PS. Call Canton Termite and Pest Control today at 770-479-1598 for a FREE Pest Consultation and FREE Estimate!
Also, ask about our FREE 58 Point Pest Analysis of your home or office!