Wherever you live in the world on dry land, there are ants. Ants pervade every location inhabited by man.
According to the late Dr. William Wheeler, ants are by far the most populous terrestrial creatures, with approximately five hundred and seventy species in the United States alone!
According to Stoy Hedges, a board certified entomologist (B.C.E.),
“Ants can be detrimental to human health; their presence under certain situations can pose a serious human health risk. In hospitals, health care facilities, food processing plants, food packaging plants, and food preparation areas of various structures, the presence of ants should not be tolerated because of potential for disease transmission”.
For the same reasons, ants should most certainly not be tolerated in your home, either.
Ants can carry a variety of diseases. Due to their tireless traveling and frequency in food pantries and many other vulnerable locations, and these diseases can be transmitted to you and your home if you allow the ants stay.
This does not even include the potential danger of the ants that sting and bite, injecting venom and causing potentially deadly reactions in victims.
Asthma attacks and allergic reactions are frequent enough through ant interactions with humans to cause reasonable concern for one’s safety, and the safety of the household as well.
We at Canton Termite and Pest Control have equipped each of our certified technicians to identify and respond to ant infestations in your home and around it.
If you or someone you know are concerned about the safety of your family due to ants, call Canton Termite and Pest Control today at 770-479-1598.
- Ants additionally will cause damage to your home, as many individuals have unfortunately learned from the carpenter ant; however, the carpenter ant is not alone in its vandalism of your property.
- Fire ants as well as carpenter ants will damage electronics most often by stripping the insulation from cables, causing the equipment to short circuit and sometimes be destroyed, or worse, cause a fire or an injury to occur.
- Carpenter ants will weaken trees that they inhabit, which will produce opportunity for a strong wind to knock branches of any size to fall, causing damage to homes and homeowners alike.
- Ants can harm your pets as well, commonly known to attack animals, and killing smaller pets.
- The bigheaded ant will sometimes be an intermediate host of some types of poultry tapeworms as well.
- Many ants also destroy gardens, stealing seeds and chewing on roots, stems and leaves of plants.
The damage from ants is real, and though most species of ants generally do not interact with humans in a negative aspect, there is such a large population of the harmful ants that they should be considered as a threat to your family and to your home.
If you have a problem with ants…or any other pest… call Canton Termite and Pest Control today at 770-479-1598 and ask for me, Tim McWhirter. I’ll be happy to speak with you anytime.
Here to helping YOU live PEST FREE!
PS. Don’t forget to ask about our FREE 58 Point Pest Analysis of your home or office.
We provide service throughout zip codes of (Canton)30115, 30114, (Waleska) 30183, and (Ball ground) 30107 and around these areas.